Julie Winokur and I are hosting Making A Short Documentary via CreativeLive in Seattle on June 12th-13th from 9:00am-4:00pm PDT. The class will be broadcast LIVE and will be available for $79 for on-demand access.
The class will focus on production and creation of powerful stories, breaking down technical and creative choices that are necessary in creating a short documentary film. From the class info on CreativeLive:
- How to “mine” for your story – what is worth pursuing?
- How to get started translating your idea into reality
- How to research your subject and optimize your shooting schedule
- Funding support and techniques from writing pitches to reaching out to partners
- Production logistics to get you moving, including gear choices, audio musts, and approaching people to be in your project
- Interview tactics and b-roll coverage
- Post production workflows to create a polished piece
- How to generate multiple end products like trailers, social media videos, and even still photos