VII Membership Application Guidelines
VII will be accepting applications for membership from March 16, 2015 through May 1, 2015. Please click here to fill out the application.
If you are interested in seeking membership to VII Photo, please prepare the following:
- A brief explanation of your desire to join VII of no more than 500 words. Please clearly state why you wish to apply for membership.
- An explanation of the content of the images you are submitting of no more than 500 words.
- A short biography of no more than 500 words.
Note: All text should be submitted in English.
A zip file of no more than 50 images with the following specifications:
- 72 DPI
- Longest axis no greater than 1440 pixels
- JPEG compression of 83
- Full IPTC metadata
- Please label each image with your initials and the sequence number: example JS-001, JS-002, through JS-050
Note: If you work in multimedia or filmmaking, please provide no more than three links to your motion work.
The qualities VII is looking for in new members are both photographic and character driven. We invite a wide range of styles, approaches and philosophies towards image making, visual storytelling, reportage and personal artistic endeavor. What is critically important is the level of quality, professionalism and vision. Furthermore, your personality and willingness to collaborate, cooperate and get involved in growing the agency is essential. We are seeking people who have ideas and are enterprising in their creative approach.
Should new members be accepted, there will be a two-year period where both parties evaluate the relationship, based on the photographic level and the personality of the individual. During this period, there is a monthly fee and a percentage cut of archive sales, assignments and projects. Successful applicants are treated the same as a full member with the exception of voting rights. Beyond this period, a new member will become an owner of the company.
Thank you for considering VII Photo.